Monday, August 19, 2013

World Photographers Day


Today, August 19 is the World Photographers' Day. Photographers make the world even more beautiful by their creativity. You may be an amateur, hobbyist photographer or a serious professional. Whoever you are, you deserve to know that your creativity makes the world more beautiful, changes perspectives, puts a smile on people and so much more...

Here are a few inspiring quotes on Photography:

You don’t take a photograph, you make it. – Ansel Adams

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. – Ansel Adams

If your photos aren’t good enough, then you’re not close enough. – Robert Capa

It is more important to click with people than to click the shutter. – Alfred Eisenstaedt

I love the people I photograph. I mean, they’re my friends. I’ve never met most of them or I don’t know them at all, yet through my images I live with them. – Bruce Gilden

Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow. – Imogen Cunningham

In photography there is a reality so subtle that it becomes more real than reality. – Alfred Stieglitz

Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase. – Percy W. Harris

I am not interested in rules or conventions. Photography is not a sport. — Bill Brandt

It’s one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it’s another thing to make a portrait of who they are. – Paul Caponigro

Of course it’s all luck. – Henri Cartier-Bresson

What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce. ― Karl Lagerfeld

A lot of photographers think that if they buy a better camera they’ll be able to take better photographs. A better camera won’t do a thing for you if you don’t have anything in your head or in your heart. – Arnold Newman

If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff. – Jim Richardson

It can be a trap of the photographer to think that his or her best pictures were the ones that were hardest to get. – Timothy Allen

Even though fixed in time, a photograph evokes as much feeling as that which comes from music or dance. Whatever the mode – from the snapshot to the decisive moment to multi-media montage – the intent and purpose of photography is to render in visual terms feelings and experiences that often elude the ability of words to describe. In any case, the eyes have it, and the imagination will always soar farther than was expected. – Ralph Gibson

The best images are the ones that retain their strength and impact over the years, regardless of the number of times they are viewed. — Anne Geddes

To me, photography is an art of observation. It’s about finding something interesting an ordinary place… I’ve found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. – Elliott Erwitt

“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
― Ansel Adams

“Taking pictures is savoring life intensely, every hundredth of a second.”
― Marc Riboud

Wish you all the fun!

Do follow me @ My Photography Page, Flickr

Read more on Synaptic Sparks: Top 10 reasons Why You should Marry a Photographer


No comments:

Post a Comment